Case | Sabatini is now offering Bookkeeping services for your Career School, introducing QuickBooks FixBooks for Career Schools!
- Quarterly and 9th month Accounting Review to help you plan to meet the DOE Composite Ratio Requirements and the 90/10 test
- Clean Up and Reconcilement of your QuickBooks postings to your bank statement activity
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements
- Monthly or Quarterly Reconcilement of your Student Ledger software to your QuickBooks General Ledger
- Monthly or Quarterly Bank Reconcilement
- Assistance in preparing for your annual audit
- Depreciation Schedules
- Preparation of School Payroll Tax Returns, and Reconcilement of Payroll reports to your General Ledger
- Preparation of Accrual Basis QuickBooks Financial Statements annually (9th month)
Read Dave’s Articles:
Significant Changes, NACCAS New Audit Report Requirements” BeautyLink Magazine, 2014.
“Basics of Beauty School Budgeting” BeautyLink Magazine
Click here for Part One of the Two Part article!
If you’ve read about our governmental services experience, you’re likely aware of our distinguished reputation for serving schools. The professionals at Case | Sabatini stand ready to assist you, wherever your school is located, from our four offices headquartered in Pittsburgh. Please don’t hesitate to call us with any questions you may have regarding our expertise in serving post-secondary schools.
Typical Engagements for Our School Clients:
- Title IV Compliance Audits and Consulting
- Financial Statement and OMB A-133 Audits
- Acquisition Due Diligence for Buyers and Sellers
- 90/10 Rate Analysis and Consultation
- DOE Composite Ratio Analysis and Consultation
- Gainful Employment Studies and Appeals
- Tax Planning and Preparation – Nonprofits, C Corps, S Corps, LLCs and Partnerships
About David J. Mesko, CPA
Director of the Career Colleges Group
An honors graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Dave has performed several hundred audit, acquisition, due diligence, and Title IV consulting engagements for proprietary and non-profit schools across the country. Dave has been asked to present technical seminars at several APSCU, AACS and state society annual conferences on subjects as diverse as DOE Composite Ratios, 90/10 Regulations, Common Title IV Compliance Audit Findings and the proposed revision of the DOE Audit Guide. Dave’s 30 years as a financial professional include several years of Big 4 audit experience, and a decade of serving in mid-sized privately owned and publicly traded companies in positions such as budget director, corporate controller, SEC reporting, and chief accounting officer.
Dave has performed over 100 Financial Statement and Title IV compliance audits; as well as numerous acquisition projects, and he has represented Case | Sabatini at numerous national and state society industry conferences. He is sensitive to the varying dynamics that exist in individual family owned schools and in large corporate school groups. Case | Sabatini is well-acquainted with the intricacies of auditing schools with varying Title IV disbursement characteristics, whether they disburse by credit hour, clock hour or in modules, and in program lengths which run the gamut from certificate to doctoral degree.
We are stay involved in ALL of the industries that we serve.
Case | Sabatini is a proud member of the following organizations:
Association of Private Sector Colleges and Universities
Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators
American Association of Cosmetology Schools
New York Coalition of Career Schools
MBEs and WBEs: Case | Sabatini maintains professional relationships with numerous Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women-owned Business Enterprises (WBEs).
Our peer review letter:
Links and Resources: